Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bonnie, Bodie, BJ, Babe, Mrs. Redfern, My Crown: We broke the cycle!

If I spent the rest of my life looking for someone of more gracious character than you, I would be looking over the greatest treasure that exists, right now, in my own household.

You see, what I have right now is complete and full - for you bring good into all of my life – with all of your life.

Your selfless practical giving is hugely evident. You are an enthusiastic hard worker, bountifully resourceful, committed, and generous.

You are not only industrious but you are also money-wise; taking great responsibility with what God has entrusted to us. You possess both integrity and justice. You wisely plan ahead to head off trouble for the household. And yet, your eyes and ears are ever directed to the poor, needy, and oppressed.

When troubles come, you have already prepared us to meet the challenge by providing comfort, care, and provision.

Because of who you are, I am well respected in our community. I am proud to be known as, “Mrs. Redfern’s husband!”

You are clothed with strength and dignity which gives you a great perspective on life and an ability to meet any adversity.

Your wisdom and advice are sought after and esteemed.

Your passion is to take good care of your family.

Yes, we all rise and call you blessed. I honor you with much love. I stand and say, “Wow! What a woman, what a wife – my wife!”

"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.”

Bonnie, you are my crown! It is such a pleasure to honor you this day and every day! Thank you for a great love story!

All my love, Tony

PS: Some might be asking, "What cycle?" In my previous blog I mentioned that I am one of five siblings. With one brother, I share my mother; with another brother and a sister, I share my father; and with Marshall, I share my mother and my father. Bonnie and I have experienced redemption! We broke the cycle!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good. "Amen" to all you have said.

Anonymous said...

Tony,

I repect you more than you will ever know! If Bonnie is your crown, you are truly a king. The king of kindness, compassion and mercy. Of wisdom and love. I am blessed beyond words to have called you my brother.

Bob 'e'

TONY REDFERN said...

Bob-bro,

While I am honored by your kind words, I am also grieved by the past tense of your last comment. Perhaps, this is one of the reasons why God hates divorce. I believe it is the separation of people that God abhors since Christ is all about gathering and not scattering. Even so, please know you always have an open invitation to come together with us. My family loves you and misses you.

Always,

T-bro